- Admission Requirements
- International Admissions
- Course Requirements
- Degree Plan
- Leveling Program
- Application Deadlines
- Financial Aid
- Photos and Videos
- Student Outcomes Data
- Request Information
- Contact the Department
- Read Our Blog
Abilene Christian University's Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders offers a Master of Science (MS) degree in speech-language pathology. The MS degree is a 52-hour non-thesis program consisting of 39 hours of academic preparation and 13 hours of clinical practicum. The course work is presented in a two-year sequence. A written comprehensive examination is required.
- Integrate knowledge and skills in ministry to individuals with communication disorders.
- Knowledge of the nature of communication disorders and differences across the life span.
- Demonstrate skill in diagnosis and intervention for individuals with communication disorders sufficient for entry into professional practice.
- Integrate appropriate interpersonal communication into professional practice (including verbal, non-verbal, and written interactions).
- Demonstrate moral and ethical conduct as viewed through a Christian world perspective.
The master's education program in speech-language pathology at Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.