GSA Funding & Travel Request Guidelines
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time, and be admitted to a graduate degree program to be eligible to receive funding
- Students may receive reimbursement only once during an academic year (fall-summer).
- Each individual is responsible for submitting a GSA Funding Request form by the deadline each semester – See Graduate School Events & Deadline calendar
- Notification of award amounts will be made two weeks after the submission deadline.
- Students traveling to the same conference are expected to share travel expenses (carpool and hotel accommodations).
- The GSA will reimburse up to $60 per night for hotel accommodations.
- Travel by personal vehicle will be reimbursed for the actual cost of gas (estimate 18 cents per mile per vehicle, not per person, when making request; i.e. if you are taking your vehicle, estimate cost of gas for the trip on your request form; if you are riding in someone else’s vehicle, enter “0” on your request form).
- In the “Comments” section, please give a detailed description of your method of travel (i.e., who is traveling in your vehicle).
- Meals other than those included in the conference fee will not be reimbursed.
- Indicate whether you are presenting at the conference or attending only.
- Receipts must be submitted to the Graduate School Office within 5 business days of returning from the event. A copy of the conference registration form should be submitted with the receipts. Use the GSA Expense Report envelope (available in the Graduate Office) to submit a summary and enclose receipts. Receipts MUST be submitted for reimbursement.
What To Do Now
- When you have read and understand the above guidelines, you may proceed to the Funding Request Form (for individual students) and submit online.
For more information, email email@example.com or call the Graduate Office at 325-674-2223.