GSA Funding & Travel Request Guidelines
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time, and be admitted to a residential graduate degree program to be eligible to receive funding.
- Students may receive reimbursement only once during an academic year (fall-summer). Students or department will not be reimbursed again if traveling with department for another conference in the same academic year.
- Funding Request: Each individual is responsible for submitting a GSA Funding Request Form by the end of the semester that you plan to attend your conference.
- For the fall semester, students must fill out the reimbursement form prior to October 16th, 2015.
- For the spring semester, students must fill out the reimbursement form prior to February 19, 2016.
- Reimbursement Rate: The rate for the 2015-2016 academic year is 60% with no more than $60 reimbursement per hotel room per night.
- Students will be reimbursed according to the reimbursement rate and based on "actual expenses" not "estimated."
Conference Fees: Conference/Registration fee will be reimbursed at rate established by GSA. A copy of the conference registration form should be submitted with the receipts. Please indicate whether you are presenting at the conference or attending only.
- Lodging: The GSA will reimburse a maximum of $60 per night for hotel accommodations. For example, if your room is $199 per night, you will receive a reimbursement for $60 per night.
- Sharing Expenses: Students traveling to the same conference are expected to share travel expenses (carpool and hotel accommodations). By sharing expenses you are helping the GSA utilize funds efficiently and hopefully resulting in a higher reimbursement rate.
- The person who tuns in the receipts will receive the reimbursement and will be responsible for dividing it up if expenses were shared.
- A shared hotel room will only receive $60 per night. This is per room, not per person.
- Transportation: In the "Comments" section of the Individual Funding Request, please give a detailed description of your method of travel and who is traveling with you. For ground travel, please also include details as who will be traveling in your vehicle.
- Ground Travel- Travel by personal vehicle will be reimbursed for the mileage (estimate 18 cents per mile per vehicle, not per person, when making request; i.e. if you are riding in someone else's vehicle, enter "0" on your request form). A google map of travel route and destination must be attached for reimbursement.
- Air Travel- Reimbursed at rate established by GSA. Coach travel only. Fees for extra baggage, insurance or cancellation are not reimbursable.
- Taxi, train, subway or rental vehicle receipts may be submitted for reimbursement only when travelling by air.
- Parking- All parking fees will be reimbursed at the established rate, up to $10 per day.
- Items that are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Meals other than those included in the conference fee
- Gas (for students traveling by car)
- After you have attended your conference:
- Complete this GSA Expense Report (using your "actual" expenses from your conference trip), print, sign and submit to the Graduate School Office with all eligible receipts.
- Receipts must be submitted to the Graduate School Office within 10 business days (two weeks) of returning from the event. Receipts MUST be submitted for reimbursement.
- When you have read and understand the above guidelines, you may proceed to the Funding Request Form (for individual students) and submit online.
For more information, email email@example.com or call the Graduate Office at 325-674-2223.