Funding Request Guidelines
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time, and be admitted to a graduate degree program to be eligible to receive funding.
- Students may receive reimbursement only once during an academic year (fall-summer).
- Each individual is responsible for submitting a GSA Funding Request form by the deadline each semester – See Graduate School Events & Deadline calendar
- Notification of award amounts will be made two weeks after the submission deadline.
- Students traveling to the same conference are expected to share travel expenses (carpool and hotel accommodations).
- The GSA will reimburse up to $60 per night for hotel accommodations.
- Travel by personal vehicle will be reimbursed for the actual cost of gas (estimate 18 cents per mile per vehicle, not per person, when making request; i.e. if you are taking your vehicle, estimate cost of gas for the trip on your request form; if you are riding in someone else’s vehicle, enter “0” on your request form).
- In the “Comments” section, please give a detailed description of your method of travel (i.e., who is traveling in your vehicle).
- Meals other than those included in the conference fee will not be reimbursed.
- Indicate whether you are presenting at the conference or attending only.
- Receipts must be submitted to the Graduate School Office within 5 business days of returning from the event. A copy of the conference registration form should be submitted with the receipts. Use the GSA Expense Report envelope (available in the Graduate Office) to submit a summary and enclose receipts. Receipts MUST be submitted for reimbursement.
What To Do Now
- When you have read and understand the above guidelines, you may proceed to the Funding Request Form (for individual students) and submit online.
Individual Funding Request
For more information, email email@example.com or call the Graduate Office at 325-674-2223.