Kara Jenkins ('10) | Master of Accountancy
Accountant with KPMG
Browsing the ACU CareerLink site, Kara Jenkins noticed a listing for an interview and decided to post her resume "just to see what would happen." Soon the ACU graduate accounting student was offered an on-campus interview, followed by an interview in Dallas. It was not long before she received an internship offer in the mail.
What she did not know at the time was that KPMG, a Big 4 accounting firm that offers audit, tax and advisory services to 146 different countries, would offer her a full-time position after her internship.
"Out of this internship I gained not only knowledge of the industry I'm was going to enter into, but I gained confidence in my abilities to formulate solutions by using the skills and knowledge that COBA has instilled in me the past few years," says Kara. "During my internship, I felt prepared to tackle difficult problems because of the preparation that COBA had given me."
"At the end of my internship, I was offered and accepted a full-time position with the firm," she says.
One of Kara's biggest surprises coming to ACU was the relationship she was able to develop with her professors. "Going into college, I expected to just be a number to professors and staff," says Kara. "However, I found out that is not the case here at all. The student teacher ratio is so small that we have the ability to create bonds with our professors. I cannot explain what that means to me."
- Damir Kramaric ('13) Online Graduate Student, Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation
- Grace Lozano (M.S. ’12) Clinical Psychology
- Caitlin Winegeart ('11) Master of Accountancy
- J. Garpue Lieway ('11) M.S. in Social Work
- Christina Johnson ('11) English
- Gustavo Villanueva ('00) Ministry/Education
- Joel Overall ('06) M.A. in English
- Joel Brown ('09) Bible, Missions & Ministry
- Jonathan Straker ('11) Graduate School of Theology
- Kevin Washington ('11) Communication
- Kara Jenkins ('10) Master of Accountancy
- Kyle McVey ('09) Master of Accountancy
- Lydia Ezzell ('05, '08) RN, Nurse Practitioner
- Olivia Hodges ('07) Christian Ministry
- Tera Harmon ('03, '07) Graduate School of Theology
- Shannon Williamson ('10) Clinical Psychology
- Dr. Wayne Paris MSSW Program Director