Each Camper needs:
- Sleeping bag or sheets & a pillow for an EXTRA-LONG twin size mattress
- Notebook and pencils or pens
- Toiletry articles
- One bottle of hand soap (for dorm room)
- Alarm clock (if desired)
- Clothing (see details below)
- Personal spending money*
Clothing needs for Summer Academy: Please know that many students will be changing more than once during the day, especially on days that we go to the Student Wellness Center. However, laundry supplies and facilities will be readily available for student use.
- Shorts (mid-thigh or longer) for indoor/ outdoor activities and regular wear
- At least one pair of long pants or jeans
- Shirts (with sleeves or sleeveless, but no tank tops, spaghetti straps, bare midriffs, or open backs)
- Plenty of socks (suitable for athletic activities)
- Shoes, athletic
- Other shoes, as desired
- Underwear (enough for the entire camp!)
- Towel(s) (for daily showers and swimming)
- Swimsuit or shorts (One-piece or longer tankini – NO bikinis)
Reminder of our Dress Code: Our camp facility, Abilene Christian University, has an expectation of modest attire for all staff, students and community. As a camp we honor that policy. Please read the details that apply to our camps:
- Dress should be modest.
- Extremes are not acceptable, including halter tops, tank tops, bare midriffs, and short and/or revealing skirts and shorts.
- Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh or longer.
- Clothing with inappropriate advertising, pictures, and/or sayings that are contrary to the mission and Christian standards of ACU is prohibited.
- Camp staff are responsible for implementation of these expectation
- Campers, staff and volunteers will be asked to return to their room and change any clothing that fails to honor these guidelines.
- Campers are expected to participate in all planned activities. Free time is limited in order to allow for maximum camp activities! Please do not bring items that could distract from camp programming. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Televisions/DVD players
- Stereos/portable video games
- Water guns/Water balloons
- Jewelry, other valuables or breakables.
Any items listed above are subject to collection by Camp Staff to be secured until the end of camp. Please do not bring them.
*For souvenirs or any extra items students may want to purchase from the Bookstore or while on Session One’s trip to CitySquare in Dallas.
ACU Summer Academy is not responsible for lost or broken articles. For more information please contact the Summer Academy office at 325-674-2409.