ElderLink Forum to be held in Dallas Nov. 11
The Dallas ElderLink Forum 2006, sponsored by Abilene Christian University, will take place at Highland Oaks Church of Christ Nov. 11 from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. The forum is designed to equip, encourage and link elders in the Churches of Christ, and is open to past, present and future elders, spouses, ministers and church leaders.
The Dallas forum will feature two sessions with speaker Randy Harris, instructor of Bible, ministry and missions at ACU, on "Spiritual Guidance: Preparation for the Most Important Task" and "Spiritual Guidance: Beyond Crisis Counseling."
The forum will also include a choice of breakout sessions featuring 17 other experienced church leaders. Breakout session topics will include:
- What Can We Learn About Worship from the Earliest Christians: Overhearing Early Christian Worship, James Thompson (Abilene, Texas)
- Building Healthy Relationships between Elders and Ministers, Creating a Climate of Respect and Love in the Leadership of the Church, Don Crisp (Dallas, Texas) and Eddie Sharp (Abilene, Texas)
- Dying to Grow: Ministry in Small Churches, Randy Stephens (Springville, Tenn.)
- Let's Form a Club for Women Who Don't Have Any Friends, Emily Lemley (Westlake Village, Calif.)
- Building Authentic Community: The Biblical Basis, Terry Smith (Nashville, Tenn.)
- The Awesome Untapped Power of Community, Larry James (Dallas, Texas)
- One Church’s Decision to Incorporate Women Into Their Public Worship, Rick Marrs (Malibu, Calif.)
- The Jones Are Leaving: What Do We Do When Conflict Divides Us?, Joey Cope, Ronald Orr, Charles Siburt and Jerry Strader (Abilene, Texas)
- Be Imitators of Me? Becoming a Community of Virture, John Siburt and the Richardson East Elders (Richardson, Texas)
- Becoming a Super Soaker: Learning to Take Care of Yourself So You Can Allow the Lord to Fill You Up Completely and Delightfully, Beverly Ross (Decatur, Texas)
- Ministering to Persons Who Experience Same Sex Attraction, Kurt Boyland and Sally Gary (Abilene, Texas)
- Creating a Faith/Health Ministry for Your Church: How Your Congregation Can Address the Health Care Crisis, Scott Sager (Dallas, Texas)
ElderLink Forums take place across the United States and give church leaders Biblical and practical recommendations for dealing with leadership challenges. All forums include keynote speakers, breakout groups, meals and other activities.
The cost for the forum is $99 per person. Payment for the event can be submitted online. The fee covers the cost of the resource notebook, continental breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks. Make checks payable to Abilene Christian University.
For more information or to order tickets for the event, visit www.acu.edu/ministry/elderlink/conferences/dallas.html.