For immediate release
Oct. 3, 2002
Abilene Christian University will be painting the town purple again to celebrate Homecoming Oct.17-21, but this year ACU will be adding a Texas twist to the theme. ACU's 2002 Homecoming theme, "Paint the Town Purple: Texas Style," will add the culture of Texas to the school colors.
"Of course, we want to continue to show off our purple spirit," said Jama Cadle, coordinator of alumni inreach. "But this year all of our events will have some Texas flavor too."
Events for Homecoming 2002 include:
• Chapel and Opening Ceremonies – 11 a.m. Friday in Moody Coliseum
• Homecoming Golf Classic – noon at Diamond Back Golf Club
• Homecoming Carnival – 5-8 p.m. Friday in the central mall area of the campus
• Singles Mixer (new this year) – 7-10 p.m. in the grassy area in front of Zellner Hall
• Concert by Aaron Watson (new this year) – 8-10 p.m. grassy area behind Zona Luce
• Homecoming Musical – Jekyll and Hyde, 8 p.m. Friday, 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m.
Sunday at the Abilene Civic Center
• Homecoming Parade – 9:30 a.m. Saturday starting on Ambler and continuing down
Ambler and Campus Court to E. N. 16th.
• Homecoming Chapel – 10:45 a.m. Saturday in Moody Coliseum
• Pre-game Barbecue/ Pep Rally –hot dogs, hamburgers and Wildcat spirit served up by
ACU faculty and staff at Shotwell Stadium from noon-2 p.m.
• Wildcat Football Game – 2 p.m. at Shotwell Stadium against Angelo State
For more information visit www.acu.edu/alumni/homecoming.html.