ACU to give the town a second coat of purple at Homecoming 2001
For immediate release
Oct. 15, 2001
Abilene Christian University will be painting the town purple once again
to celebrate Homecoming 2001 Oct. 19-21. This year, ACU is bringing back
last year's theme, "Paint the Town Purple," after the spirited
success last year.
"We have a strong heritage in our purple and white colors,"
said Mark Meador, director of alumni relations. "When alumni see those
colors, they immediately think of different aspects of ACU."
Events for Homecoming 2001 include:
- Chapel and Opening Ceremonies 11 a.m. Friday in Moody
- Homecoming Golf Classic noon at Diamondback Golf Club
- Homecoming Carnival 5-8 p.m. Friday in the central mall
area of the campus
- Homecoming Musical Oliver!, 8 p.m. Friday, 8 p.m.
Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Abilene Civic Center
- Homecoming Parade 9:30 a.m. Saturday starting on Ambler
and continuing down Ambler and Campus Court to E.N. 16th.
- Homecoming Chapel 10:45 a.m. Saturday in Moody Coliseum
- Pre-game Barbecue/ Pep Rally Harold's Barbecue and Wildcat
spirit served up at Shotwell Stadium from noon-2 p.m.
- Wildcat Football Game 2 p.m. at Shotwell Stadium against
Archived News Releases - Current ACU News and Events
If you are a member of the media who would like more information
about this release, please contact Wendy Kilmer, university news
coordinator, at email@example.com,
or call 915-674-2692.
Last update: Oct. 15, 2001
- This page is maintained by Wendy Kilmer, firstname.lastname@example.org.