Meadows Foundation awards ACU grant for construction of Williams Peforming Arts Center
For Immediate Release
May 25, 2001
For more information contact:
Abilene Christian University recently received a $200,000 grant from The Meadows foundation for construction of the Williams Performing Arts Center. The grant money will help construct the 86,000-square-foot structure on ACU's campus.
Dr. Royce Money, ACU president, said, "We appreciate the long and positive association ACU has had with the Meadows Foundation. The Williams Performing Arts Center is going to be a magnificent building that will adorn our campus."
With construction workers now positioned on the southeast corner of the ACU's campus, progress is underway on the new $16 million building. The project should be complete by the end of 2002.
The Meadows Foundation is a private philanthropic institution established in 1948 by Algur H. and Virginia Meadows to benefit the people of Texas. The foundation's mission is to assist the people and institutions of Texas to improve the quality and circumstances of life for themselves and future generations.
The university has been raising money for the Williams Performing Arts Center as part of a broader $100 million campaign called the "To Lead and to Serve" campaign which began in 1996. That campaign concluded in February, raising more than $114 million.
Algur Meadows built General American Oil Company of Texas into one of the nation's most successful independent oil and gas production companies.
ACU is a national leader in Christian higher education, attracting nearly 4,800 students from all 50 states and more than 60 nations. ACU offers exceptional academic quality and is one of "American's 100 Best College Buys." The school's long-standing mission is to educate students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world.
If you are a member of the media who would like more information about this release, please contact Tom Craig, director of media and community relations, at email@example.com or call 915-674-2692 (cell phone: 665-5469).