ACU to "paint the town purple" for Homecoming 2000
For Immediate Release
Oct. 9, 2000
Tom Craig, Director of Media and
Wendy Waller, Media Relations
Abilene Christian University will be painting the town
purple to celebrate Homecoming 2000 Oct. 13-15. The theme,
"Paint the Town Purple," is designed to bring back fond
memories of the spirit of ACU.
"We have a strong heritage in our purple and white
colors," said Mark Meador, director of alumni relations.
"When alumni see those colors, they immediately think of
different aspects of ACU."
Events for Homecoming 2000 include:
- Chapel and Opening Ceremonies 11 a.m. Friday
in Moody Coliseum
- Groundbreaking for Williams Performing Arts Center
11:45 a.m. on the corner of Judge Ely Blvd. and
- Homecoming Carnival 5-8 p.m. Friday in the
central mall area of the campus.
- Homecoming Musical, The Secret Garden, 8 p.m. Friday,
8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Abilene Civic
- Homecoming Parade 9:30 a.m. Saturday along
E.N. 16th and Campus Court
- Homecoming Chapel 10:45 a.m. Saturday in Moody
- Wildcat Barbecue and Pep Rally 11:45 a.m.
Saturday in the central mall area of campus
- Wildcat Football Game 2 p.m. at Shotwell
stadium against Angelo State
Releases - Current
ACU News and Events
If you are a member of the media who would like more
information about this release, please contact Tom
Craig, director of media and community relations, at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call
915-674-2692 (cell phone: 665-5469).
- Last update: Oct. 9, 2000
- This page is maintained by Tom Craig,