- PhD, Yale University, Religious Studies, 2017
- MA, Yale University, Religious Studies, 2015
- MPHIL, Yale University, Religious Studies, 2015
- MDIV, Emory University, Master of Divinity, 2011
- BA, Abilene Christian University, Biblical Text, 2007
Dr. East hails from Austin, Texas, with his wife Katelin; they have three children, with a fourth on the way. Having lived outside of Texas in Atlanta, Georgia, and New Haven, Connecticut, for a combined eight years, they are happy to be back. Dr. East writes regularly for publications both popular and scholarly, on issues ranging from theological interpretation of Scripture to the doctrine of the Trinity to the role of theology in public discourse. If you run into him, expect to find his nose in a book or a child on his shoulders—unless you see him at the movies, a favorite hobby.
- Highland Church of Christ