QUEST (spiritual formation) event credits are offered each semester at many different times and locations, so the minimum number of credits can be earned even if a student is required to work during the 11:00 a.m. hour each day of the week. Exemption requests are handled on an individual basis.
- The Quest (Chapel) Exemption online form is available on the Spiritual Formation web site under the Exemption tab.
- Students requesting an exemption must submit a new Exemption Request each semester.
- In order to receive the full number of exemptions, the exemption must be processed within the first two weeks of any semester, or within two weeks from the beginning date of any reason given for the exemption (new employment, diagnosed chronic illness, etc.). Students must submit the required documentation/evidence of the reason for the exemption; e.g., letter from new employer on company letterhead, doctor’s note, etc.
- Failure to submit an exemption request by the appropriate deadline may result in a student’s failure to earn enough credits for the semester.
- Exemption requests received after the first two weeks of the semester will be prorated (to a reduced number of credits) if they are approved.
- A student who is approved for a 5 day-per-week exemption will still be required to earn 5 QUEST credits.