The Postal Service makes the following recommendations for addressing international mail:
- Use a simple sans serif type with a uniform thickness.
- Type or machine-print in a dark ink on a light background with a uniform left margin.
- The country name spelled out completely in CAPITAL letters must be by itself on the last line of the address
Some general address examples:
|Mr. Thomas Clark
117 Russell Dr
London W1P 6HQ
|Mrs. C. P. Apple
Apartado 3068 46807
Puerto Vallarta Jalisco
|Ms. Helen Saunder
1010 Clear St
Ottawa ON L1A 0B1
Canadian Address Requirements
Canada has the following additional address requirements:
- The recipient must be listed by their real name, nicknames such as Grandma are not allowed.
- There must be two spaces between the province abbreviation and the postal code.