Worker's Comp Procedures

The Office of Risk Management is responsible for administering the University’s Workers’ Comp program and will serve as the Case Manager for all claims.  All work-related injuries or illnesses should be reported as soon as possible by emailing or calling 325-674-2363.

Employees are required to notify their supervisor of work-related injuries or illnesses regardless of where they occur and take all reasonable actions to prevent further injury.  If an employee is outside the local area, he/she should proceed to the nearest minor emergency clinic or emergency room, depending on the extent of the injury, and notify his/her supervisor after receiving treatment.

Supervisors should take the following actions for employees who are injured in the performance of their duties:

  • If an injury requires medical treatment, refer the employee to Dr. J’s Express Care
  • Call 911 for serious injuries to request assistance/transport to Hendrick Medical Center
  • Report the injury/illness to the Office of Risk Management

ACU is an Out-of-Network participant which means employees may use their own medical provider to treat work-related injuries or illnesses. The provider must be willing to accept Workers’ Comp and it is the employee’s responsibility to verify the coverage.  Employees may be treated by providers that will not accept Workers’ Comp but the employee will be responsible for paying for the medical treatment.

The Office of Risk Management should be consulted if an employee or supervisor is unsure of how to respond to a work-related injury or illness.  Refer to the Accidents and Injuries Policy to obtain additional guidance on workers’ comp requirements and procedures.

Please refer to the Human Resources website for information on reporting and seeking treatment for work related injuries.