OIE supports the ACU administration, staff, faculty, and students by:
- Creating organized, documented and accessible data based on institutional and survey data bases;
- Providing systematic ongoing automatic data concerning subjects such as enrollment, faculty and student characteristics, retention and persistence rates, etc.;
- Functioning as the clearinghouse for all external reports. This includes standard reports for federal agencies, regional accreditation, and university ranking/listings;
- Providing decision-support data and analysis for senior administrators, academic and operations units and cross-functional teams;
- Coordinating annual institution wide outcomes assessment;
- Conducting survey research to assess institutional effectiveness in researching the stated outcomes of students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders;
- Assisting academic and administrative units in conducting each specific data collection and analysis.