Criteria for Acceptance
Acceptance into the Study Arboad program is based on the following criteria:
- 2.5 GPA or higher cumulative GPA at date of application through date of departure
- Interview with Study Abroad staff member
- Acceptable reference forms
- Student is not currently on behavioral or academic probation
- Attend all orientation sessions
- Complete all paperwork
- Complete all paperwork in application packet (forms also available below) and submit it with the $250 non-refundable application fee to the Study Abroad Office.
- Complete two faculty reference forms and a campus life reference form that are to be turned in to Study Abroad office. Reference forms for all upcoming Summer, Fall, and Spring programs must be turned in between November 1 and Friday of finals week in December in order for the application to be considered in the first round of acceptance decisions. Applications whose final reference form comes in after that date will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
- Attend necessary meetings including the orientation seminars prior to departure.
- Register with advisor or on web for study abroad classes.
- Complete interview with a Study Abroad staff member or designee.
Study Abroad Programs requires certain forms to be completed before a student will be considered for participation in an ACU study abroad program (all forms may be downloaded here by clicking on the link below):
Study Abroad requires the following forms to be completed before a student is allowed to participate in the program: (All forms may be downloaded here by clicking on the link)
- You must turn in your $250 application fee for your application to be processed
- If you have financial aid you need to get your paperwork in early to meet certain deadlines.
- Take care of your registration holds if you have any before you register.
- You must notify the study abroad office in writing if you withdraw from the program or from the school. See the withdrawal contract for guidelines on refunds.
Forms may be dropped off in the Study Abroad office: Hardin Administration Building 124
Or mailed to the following address:
Abilene Christian University
Study Abroad Programs
ACU Box 28226
Abilene, Texas 79699-8226
Or faxed to: 325-674-2966
Attention: Study Abroad Programs