Administrative Officer (Chair): Megan Roth, Director of Research and Sponsored Programs
||Expiration: Spring of
||Expiration: Spring of
|Ag. and Env. Science
- The chair shall be the Director of Research and Sponsored Programs
- The Research Council shall consist of two Sub-Councils with the following membership:
- Cullen Research Council: The Cullen Research Council shall consists of one member from each of the three colleges (Arts and Sciences, Biblical Studies, Business Administration) and three at-large members.
- Math/Science Research Council: The Math/Science Research Council shall consist of two faculty members from the College of Arts and Sciences and two at-large members.
The term of service is normally three years and a member is not eligible for immediate reappointment.
Criteria for Membership
Demonstrated interest, activity and experience in research.
- Selection of Research Council members from the colleges or schools shall proceed as follows: The dean of the college, in consultation with department chairs, will recommend two persons for each position to the Assistant Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs, who recommends to the provost for approval of one. Formal appointment shale be made by the provost.
- Selection of the three Cullen and two Math/Science members at-large shall proceed as follows: A Faculty Senate committee shall suggest two names for each position which meet the membership criteria. These names shall be submitted to the Assistant Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs, who recommends one name for each position to the provost for approval. Formal appointment shall be made by the provost.
Every effor shall be made to adjust terms to accomplish even rotation patterns. Some terms of service shall be adjusted in order to have no more than four members beginning in one year.
Functions and Responsibilities
As a combined group, the Research Council will:
- Determine the policies governing the conduct of research at ACU
- Approve the guidelines for awarding grants for internal research programs
- Advise on any matter which may be brought to the Research Council
As separate subgroups, the Cullen and Math/Science Research Coucnils will:
- Review and evaluate research proposals submitted to each council for funding
- Approve alloacations for research funds from Universtiy accounts
- Serve as Institutional Review Boards for approval of research projects involving human or animal subjects