Financial aid to students includes grants, loans, work study programs, and scholarships. A limited number of scholarships are available for undergraduate majors through in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD). Students eligible to apply for the CSD scholarships must be admitted to the CSD program or in the process of admission to the CSD program. Specific requirements found in the ACU catalog state that:
The following accomplishments are required for admission:
- Be enrolled in or have completed >= 45 semester hours of credit towards degree at ACU;
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0;
- Complete or be in the process of completing the first 9 semester hours in the major with 3.0 GPA (COMP 225, COMP 235, and COMP 330).
To remain eligible after admission you must maintain at 3.0 overall GPA. Scholarships are awarded for one school year, but recipients may reapply with other interested students for the following year.
Scholarships have been funded in honor of:
Audra Cobb Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to deserving students studying communication sciences and disorders who have demonstrated the ability to overcome challenging obstacles in life. The scholarship will be awarded based upon character, academic ability, and financial need.
Lyda B. Sebastian Harrell Scholarship
- This scholarship is to be awarded to any student majoring in speech-language pathology.
Richard Slade Harrell Memorial Scholarship
- This scholarship is for students who are pursuing a degree in speech-language pathology. It was established with the hope that the recipients would be individuals who have a love of languages and who would provide great and lasting assistance to persons who find unusual difficulty in achieving or in maintaining normal communication skills.
Jillian Hope Thomas Endowed Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to students studying communications sciences and disorders. Awards are based on character, academic ability, and financial need. Students receiving this scholarship are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.25 and documented volunteerism with the underserved populations in Abilene/ACU community.
For application information, contact Dr. Denise Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.