Program Educational Objectives:
The ACU engineering program strongly supports the university's mission of educating students for Christian service and leadership throughout the world. In support of the university mission and in response to the needs of program constituents, the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are that within a few years of graduation:
- Alumni are succeeding in engineering practice or other diverse fields that value analytical, problem solving, and professional practice skills.
- Alumni are engaging in life-long learning that builds upon foundational knowledge acquired in their undergraduate education through graduate study, career-specific or other professional training.
- Almuni are glorifying God through thoughtful integration of work and life facilitating service to others through their profession.
The following student outcomes will prepare ACU engineering students to attain the program educational objectives:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice