Undergraduate Internship Forms

Any student who is being paid for participating in undergraduate research, creative activities, or other scholarly activities, should be paid a stipend, not wages. Please fill out and sign the following forms and return them to the Office of Undergraduate Research through campus mail at ACU Box 28132 or email at uresearch@acu.edu. The three forms are the Internship Agreement, Internship Payment Form, and a W-9.

During the school year, please allow two weeks for processing of the paperwork before a student can be paid. If the paperwork is generated during the summer, please email uresearch@acu.edu so that we will know it has been sent as there is not someone in the office in the summer. (The paperwork can be handled; we just need to know to look for it.)

These students are interns and not employees. This means that they can work more than 25 hours/ week. But it also means that instead of a W-2 they will receive a 1099 in January when tax documents are sent out. (This is why they filled out a W-9.) Taxes will not be withheld from their stipend, therefore if students have concerns about how this will affect their taxes when they file, they should speak to a tax professional.


For your convenience, there are two ways you can fill out the internship agreement and W-9. Only one of each needs to be filled out.

Instructions for filling out the Undergraduate Research Internship Forms

1. Internship Agreement – 2 versions
Please choose to complete the Internship Agreement Form as EITHER a Word document OR as a fillable PDF. 

2. Internship Payment Form

3. W-9 – 2 versions
Please choose to complete the W-9 as EITHER a fillable PDF OR as an online form.