Class A, Region II One-Act Play Contest
IMPORTANT: Advancing Plays must be certified online no later than midnight, April 28, 2014!
1-9. Albany; Anson; Archer City Electra; Hamlin; Haskell; Munday; Olney; Petrolia; Seymour; Stamford; Windthorst
1-10. Aspermont; Chillicothe; Crowell; Guthrie; Harrold; Jayton; Knox City; Paducah; Rule; Spur; Vernon: Northside
2-11. Clyde: Eula; Hermleigh; Ira; Loraine; Roscoe: Highland, Collegiate; Rotan; Trent; Westbrook
2-12 Blackwell; Bronte; Brookesmith; Cross Plains; Garden City; May; Santa Anna; Sterling City; Valera: Panther Creek; Veribest; Water Valley
3-13 Collinsville; Dallas: Harmony Science School of Nature; Era; Italy; Itasca; Lindsay; Muenster; Valley View
3-14 Bellevue; Bowie: Gold-Burg; Bryson; Forestburg; Graford; Henrietta: Midway; Haskell: Paint Creek; Midway; Newcastle; Nocona: Prairie Valley; Saint Jo; Slidell; Throckmorton; Woodson
3-15 Chico; DeLeon; Goldthwaite; Hico; Meridian; Perrin-Whitt; Poolville; Ranger; San Saba; Santo; Valley Mills
3-16 Blanket; Gordon; Gorman; Gustine; Lingleville; Sidney; Stephenville: Huckabay; Strawn; Zephyr
Abilene Christian University
ACU Box 27916
Abilene, TX 79699
Office Phone: 325-674-6943
1021 5th Street
Rule TX 79547
Cell: (outside Rule) 325-280-0035
May 2, 2014
Naoma Huff Performing Arts Center
Clyde High School
500 Hays Road
Clyde, TX 79510
Directors of Naoma Huff Performing Arts Center - 325-893-2161
- Terry Phillips - email@example.com
- Gregg Wilson - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teresa Howard - email@example.com
View auditorium logistics:
To find your way around campus, print out a Clyde High School campus map.
Family and fans, please use the south door of Auditorium.
One-time admission to the One-Act Play Performances will be $8 for adults and $5 for students.
Directors and company members (cast, crew, and alternates) and bus drivers participating in the Regional One-Act Play Contest will not be charged an admission fee, if you have your pass to show the gatekeeper.
There will be 2 performance timers--one in the house and another backstage. The Stage Manager will also time backstage.
Critic Judge Panel:
- Dressing areas will be assigned as soon as possible.
- Be quiet in approaching and leaving dressing rooms during rehearsal and contest.
- Place one responsible company member in charge of all valuables. Clyde HS is not responsible for articles left in dressing rooms.
- Leave dressing rooms clean after use.
- Directors will be asked to sign a form, agreeing to leave his/her dressing room in the same condition as it was upon initially entering.
Clyde High School Auditorium (NHPAC)
Friday, May 2, 2014
7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled rehearsal times at the west backstage door of the NHPAC to receive dressing room assignments and take care of paper work.
- You are required to bring the following items to rehearsal. The contest manager will collect and check them prior to your rehearsal:
- 1. Entry Fee (payable to ACU) - $600 per school
- 2. Original Marked Script (not a photocopy) showing parts being performed and marked with sound and music cues.
- 3. Proof of Publisher's permission to produce.
- 4. Proof of Payment of Royalty.
- 5. Proof of UIL Special Approval (i.e. Additions to the basic set, etc.), if required.
- 6. Sound/Music Log.
- 7. Community Standards Compliance Form
Order of Rehearsals - according to distance from Clyde, nearest first:
(Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled rehearsal time.)
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. - TBA
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. - TBA
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. - TBA
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. - TBA
- 11:00a.m.- noon - TBA
- 12:00- 1:00 p.m. - TBA
Rehearsal times are limited to 60 minutes, including setting, spiking, and striking.
- Any approved communication devices or special lights must be made available to all companies before the first rehearsal.
- Cell phones may not be used as company communication devices.
- Bring your communication devices, but Clyde HS will probably have some available.
- On-site personnel will be provided to assist.
- The contest manager (Bobby Robinson) should be notified of all forfeits or possible conflicts. 940-997-2156
- HOUSE LIGHTS will be controlled from the booth by your crew.
- STAGE WORK LIGHTS will be operated by your crew from BACKSTAGE left or right.
- Prior to performance, casts may come up one hour early to allow for makeup application.
- Auditorium and stage will clear of all persons other than rehearsing company, including members of other schools.
- Carry props to and from rehearsal. Do not leave them on or near the stage.
Friday, May 2, 2014 at 1:15 p.m. in the Band Hall
Date of Draw: TBA
Friday, May 2, at Clyde High School
Technical Rehearsal order will be scheduled according to distance from Clyde HS - closest first, farthest last - whether a school spends the night locally on Thursday night or chooses to drive in that morning from its hometown.
Shows will run back to back.
This sequence will be followed by the Contest Stage Manager (CSM):
- Runner will call you and escort you to the rear stage door.
- After previous company has departed, the CSM will call you to enter.
- Take positions, then CSM will call your set.
- After your set, the Director(s) will exit to the house.
- Stage work lights OUT and Contest Manager will announce your show, then enter the House.
- CSM calls Light Cue to GO to BLACKOUT.
- CSM turns the show over to your Stage Manager.
- Your SM takes over to call your show to the end.
- After your production, the CM, Director(s), and your Technicians return backstage.
- CSM will call your strike.
- Following strike, the Contest Staff will resume their responsibilities.
Judge will probably leave at the conclusion of each performance.
- Please be orderly in the dressing room.
- Once in costume and makeup, do not leave dressing rooms until called.
- Do not enter auditorium in costume and makeup during other performances - no exceptions.
- Observe all possible productions of other schools.
- No one may enter while a performance is in progress.
- Load out following the final show, with that show being first, and continuing in reverse order of presentation.
- Please have a couple of company members return to the stage to help pull up your spike tape while the judge is deliberating.
Awards will be presented about 45-60 minutes following the end of the final show. The two winning plays will advance to the State Meet at McCullough Theatre on the campus of The University of Texas in Austin on Wednesday, May 21, 2014.
For information on the State meet, please visit: http://www.uiltexas.org/theatre/state
The judge's critiques will follow after the announcement of awards, according to distance from Abilene - furthest first - with the two advancing plays being critiqued last, as usual, even if schools are spending the night in Abilene.
- We would appreciate your limiting your in-house celebrations and ask you to please move revelry to the foyer.
- All participating company members should remain throughout the entire critique.
- Parents, grandparents, and fans may attend the critiques.
- Critiques should last 10-15 minutes each (four non-advancing plays) to 20-25 minutes each (two advancing plays).