Rules for University Testing Center
What should you do if you need to take a test?
- Call (325) 674-2451 to schedule an appointment. Residual ACT and THEA Quick Test are administered once or twice a month depending on demand. We can only house 15 examinees at a time, so make appointments early. See the testing schedule for the dates and times for these tests. CLEP testing, placement testing, MAT, correspondence exams, and course challenges can be scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Arrive at our office in the Lower Level of McKinzie Hall five to ten minutes early to check in for your test.
- Bring a photo ID with you, preferably a driver’s license. You cannot test without a photo ID unless a member of the testing staff personally knows you.
- Bring the appropriate payment when you come to test. ACU fees can be paid with cash, check, money order, or charged to a current student’s account. Test fees that are sent off directly to the testing company, such as THEA and CLEP, can be paid only with check, money order, or major credit card. No cash or student account charges will be accepted for these fees.
- If you need to cancel a testing appointment, please notify our office 24 hours in advance.
What can I expect when I arrive to take a test?
- Check in at the front desk with your photo ID.
- Personal belongings such as backpacks, books, and notes will not be allowed on the testing surface.
- Electronic devices such as pagers or cell phones must be turned off and either left outside the testing room or placed in an area designated by the testing staff.
- Calculators may be used for the ACT, THEA, and math placement tests. For the ACT and math placement tests, scientific and some graphing calculators are acceptable as long as they do not store memory. For example, TI-83 calculators are accepted, but TI-89 and TI-92 are not. However, THEA does not allow the use of any graphing or scientific calculators. Only basic four-function calculators are acceptable for the THEA test.
- If you need to use the restroom, please notify testing personnel. Understand that timed tests will not be stopped and missed time cannot be made up.
- The testing staff must collect any scratch paper used during the test.
- All testing rooms are monitored. If an examinee is caught cheating in any way, the test will be voided and the fee will not be refunded. Appropriate faculty and administrators will be notified if necessary.
- We know testing can be stressful. We will do everything possible to make your testing experience pleasant.