FAQ - Rushing
1. What are the eligibility requirements to rush a club?
All students wishing to participate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must have been enrolled in college for at least two long semesters
- Must be currently enrolled at ACU as a full-time student (full-time is 12 hours)
- Must be in good academic standing with the university
- For Fall 2011 pledging, must have graduated from high school in 2010 or earlier
2. How does the rush period work?
The rush period is a process where clubs and prospective members get to know each other and both make decisions about desired membership.
3. How long is the rush period?
The rush period lasts approximately two weeks, with one additional week for clubs to vote and bids to be offered.
4. Do I have to attend every rush for every club?
The purpose of rushing is to meet and get to know members of all clubs. Your experience will be enhanced by attending as many events and rushes as possible.
5. What if I register and then I change my mind and don't want to participate?
If you change your mind, you need to contact the Office of Student Organizations and Activities by phone at 325-674-2067 or by email at email@example.com. It is imperative that you contact our office immediately, so we may take you off the roster.
6. How do I get my bid?
Information about the distribution of bids for the Fall 2011 semester will be available at the beginning of the fall semester.