Frequently Asked Questions
What if I forget / lose my I.D. Pass?
- In order to gain access to the SRWC, you will need to either: 1)Use your ACU ID at the card reader turnstile or 2) Register to gain access using the biometric hand key turnstile by visiting the Member Services Desk.
If you need a replacement ID, it may be purchased at The Depot in the McGlothlin Campus Center for $15.
Is there a "lost & found" area?
- Yes, please visit the Member Services Desk if you have lost an item in the SRWC.
Can I bring a guest?
- Yes, any member may bring a guest for the cost of $5 per day/per guest. All guests must be over 18 years of age and must complete a SRWC Day Guest Pass Form and SRWC Waiver. Guests under 18 years of age may visit during family time as long as they are accompanied by a Parent who also purchases a day pass. All guests must have a current member sponsor complete their section of the the SRWC Guest Day Pass.
Can I get a membership for a couple of weeks?
- No, all memberships are sold on a semester-to-semester basis. Halfway through each semester, memberships will be reduced to half-price.
At mid-term, do I still need to pay full price for Group Exercise Classes?
- At mid-term you may purchase unlimited classes for half-price.
Are minors (those under 18 years of age) allowed to use the Rec Center?
- Yes, but only during family time.
My lock won’t open. Who can help me with this?
- SRWC employees can assist you with this. Please visit the Member Services Desk for help.
Do you have to be a member to enroll in the group exercise classes?
- Yes, our group exercise classes are open to members only. There is a $35 per semester fee to enroll in unlimited classes.
Do you offer personal training services?
- Yes, personal training services are available for our members. To purchase your personal training session, please visit the Member Services Desk.
I am only interested in using the pools. Can I purchase a swim membership?
- No, we do not currently offer a swim-only membership.
How long are the lanes in the swimming pools?
- The lap pool lanes are 25 yards long.
- The leisure pool lanes are 25 meters long.
How long is the indoor track?
- The indoor track is 1/8 of a mile long. In other words, eight laps around equals one mile.
Can you tell me when my intramural team plays?
Get Training Tips
Browse our selection of instructional videos for training tips on numerous pieces of equipment available in the SRWC.
Submit a Suggestion
We are always looking to improve and serve you better. If you have a suggestion, please submit this online survey
Student Recreation and Wellness Center
ACU Box 27842
Abilene, TX 79699
Need to contact an SRWC team member? Please visit our staff page