Financial Aid Steps for Undergraduate Students
Complete the following steps to receive your financial aid for the upcoming academic year:
1. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Go to the Web site: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- If completing the FAFSA for the first time, register for a pin number. Parents of dependent students must also register for a pin. Allow 24 hours for your pin to be e-mailed to you.
- If you are a returning student, use your pin from previous years.
- Log in and complete the FAFSA online.
- List ACU as a receiving school of your FAFSA (School code 003537).
- If you have questions regarding your FAFSA, please contact the U.S. Department of Education at 1-800-4-FED-AID.
- If you are 'selected for verification', you will receive a letter from ACU with a list of documents you will be required to provide to us. Detailed instructions will be included in the letter.
2. Receive a Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Financial aid awarding will begin in April for those students who have completed their FAFSAs.
- Receiving financial aid will be put on hold if we do not receive all of the necessary documents. Please complete your FAFSA and all requested documents in a timely manner.
- Please make sure to keep your permanent address up-to-date so you can receive all correspondence from our office. An incorrect address could cause a delay in receiving important documents.
- After you have received a financial aid award letter, there will be further instructions for different types of aid in which you may qualify. Additional action may be required.
Where to Find Your Student Loan Information
Myrone, a student loan counselor for SALT, outlines resources like NSLDS that borrowers can use to stay on top of how much they owe.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU