Financial Aid Steps for Graduate Students
Complete the following steps to receive your financial aid for the upcoming academic year:
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Go to the website: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- If completing the FAFSA for the first time, register for a pin number. Parents of dependent students must also register for a pin. Allow 24 hours for you pin number to be emailed to you.
- If you are a returning student, use your pin from previous years.
- Log in and complete the FAFSA online.
- List ACU as a receiving school of your FAFSA (School code 003537).
- If you have questions regarding your FAFSA, please contact the U.S. Department of Education at 1-800-4-FED-AID.
- If you are 'selected for verification', you will receive a letter from ACU with a list of documents you will be required to provide to us. Detailed instructions will be included in the letter.
2. Receive a Financial Aid Award Letter.
- Financial aid awarding will begin in April for those students who have completed their FAFSAs.
- Receiving financial aid will be put on hold if we do not receive all of the necessary documents. Please complete your FAFSA and all requested documents in a timely manner.
- Please make sure to keep your permanent address up-to-date so you can receive all correspondence from our office. An incorrect address could cause a delay in receiving important documents.
- After you have received a financial aid award letter from us, there will be further instructions for different types of aid in which you may qualify. Additional action may be required.