Applying for Readmission
Readmission packets must be received in the Registrar's Office by the dates below in order to be considered for readmission for the terms indicated.
- Tuesday, April 16, 2013; 8:00 a.m. - Deadline for all readmission documents
- Tuesday, July 30, 2013; 8:00 a.m. - Deadline for all readmission documents
Who must apply for readmission?
- All students who leave the university for more than one long semester must apply for readmission. In general, students who left ACU in good standing, both academically and behaviorally, will be readmitted.
- All students who leave the university on academic probation or suspension or with disciplinary concerns must apply for readmission. Their cases will be taken before the University Readmission Committee to determine their eligibility to return to ACU.
- It is strongly recommended that students on academic suspension take a full-time academic load (12 hours or more) at another institution and achieve a 2.5 or above GPA on those hours. Failure to take classes away from ACU may result in being denied readmission when you reapply.
The readmission packet includes three documents:
- The completed Application for Readmission form.
- Official transcript(s) from each school attended while away from ACU are due by the deadline for documents.
- A statement clarifying your academic history and explaining your purpose for readmission.
The statement must be specific and should include the following:
- Your educational goals and expected graduation date;
- The reason you wish to return to ACU;
- What you've done while you've been away from ACU (attended another university, worked full time, etc);
- An explanation of how you plan to achieve academic success if readmitted to ACU;
- If applicable, the circumstances that led to your poor performance in the semester(s) you attended ACU (grades of "D" or "F" in all courses).
*The Undergraduate Readmission Committee will consider your statement in making their decision about your eligibility to return to ACU. Failure to include a full explanation of any of the items listed above may affect the outcome of the committee's decision.
Submitting the readmission packet:
- The completed Application for Readmission form and statement of educational goals may be mailed or faxed to the Registrar's Office. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope.
- Due to the Undergraduate Readmission Committee's meeting schedule, application deadlines will be enforced.