Graduation RequirementsDegrees will not be posted or diplomas mailed until all graduation requirements have been completed.
All undergraduate students must complete a minimum of 128 semester hours (excluding non-degree hours). Some degrees require more hours (See specifications for your major in the ACU Catalog).
- Thirty-three upper division hours must be completed (i.e., 300-level and above) out of 128 semester hours. Twenty-four of these hours must be taken at ACU including 9 hours in the major field.
- All general education requirements must be completed.
- All major and minor (if any) requirements must be completed.
- All outside concentration or track courses (for degrees with this requirement) must be completed.
- Major and overall GPA requirements as stated in the ACU Catalog for the specific degree must be met. GPA is calculated based on hours taken at ACU.
- At least 25 percent of the semester hours required for the degree sought must be taken in residence at ACU including the last 24 hours.
- To qualify for honors, students must complete at least 64 hours at ACU. The GPA thresholds are 3.6 for cum laude, 3.75 for magna cum laude, and 3.9 for summa cum laude. Courses taken Credit/Non-Credit or Pass/Fail do not count toward GPA requirements for honors. Honors are based on the student’s current GPA at the time of commencement. They are subject to change after commencement when grades for the current semester have been recorded.