- About Us
- Fuel & Mileage
- Rental Car
- Other Services
- Information for Vendors
- Hotel Discount Offer
- Cooperative Purchasing Networks
- Guides and Manuals
- Email request for pick up to firstname.lastname@example.org with department name, location, time of pick up and quantity. To ensure a timely pick up please combine your recycling requests into one email. Departments are responsible for providing bags or containers for these additional recycling items. Please make sure plastic and cans are emptied then bagged separately, that cardboard boxes are broken down, and that trash items are not mixed with the recycling.
ACU no longer distributes Staples Office Catalogs. Staples has online catalogs available to customers.
- ACU stocks white copy paper, pastels, and bright colored paper made from 30% recycled products.
(Plates, Bowls, Toilet Tissue, Hand Towels)
- ACU stocks plates and bowls made from recycled products.
- Other paper goods and dispensers are either made from recycled products or are manufactured in plants that are heavy in green initiatives.
Hand Soap and Dispenser
- ACU purchases hand soap that is Eco friendly.
- ACU purchased dispensers are made from recycled products.
- The ACU Purchasing/Warehouse purchased a new forklift that uses propane.
- Engages heavily in efforts for an Eco friendly environment.
- Purchasing gathers all empty cartridges and sends them back for recycling.
- Purchasing picks up already shredded paper and delivers it to the City Recycle Center or Disability Resources for packing material.
- Purchasing picks up paper to be shredded, shreds the paper and then delivers it to the City Recycle Center or Disability Resources for packing material.
- The Bulb Eater crushes fluorescent lamps and filters mercury for proper disposal. The proper disposal of lamps and mercury will greatly reduce the mercury dilemma and create a much safer environment. ACU purchases ECO friendly fluorescent lamps that are approved to be disposed of in the landfill, but they still contain a small percentage of mercury.
- University Purchasing/Warehouse will pick up all used batteries across campus for proper disposal. Example of batteries: D, C, AA, AAA, 9 volt, etc.
Fair Trade Coffee
- University Purchasing offers Fair Trade coffee, which ensures coffee farmers are paid a fair wage for their work.
Plastic and Cardboard and Cans
Email request for pick up email@example.com with department name, location, type of pick up and quantity. To ensure a timely pick up please combine your recycling request into one email. Departments are responsible for providing bags or containers for these additional recycling items. Please make sure plastics and cans are emptied then bagged separately, that cardboard boxes are broken down, and that trash items are not mixed with the recycling.
Paper Only - Blue Recycle Bags
University Purchasing will provide a Blue Recycle Bag and stand to any office that would like to participate in recycling paper only. University Purchasing will pick up your full Blue Recycle bag and leave an empty bag each time. All paper will be place in a large paper only bin provided by the City of Abilene for recycling.