National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car as ACU Primary Car Rental Providers
In an effort to maintain a high level of service while positively impacting our overall costs, we are pleased to announce enhancements with our primary rental car suppliers National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Our continued partnership allows us to consolidate spending, simplify program management and significantly reduce our annual car rental expenditures while providing you with special recognition, service and speed whether renting at an airport or an off-airport location. We are excited to announce effective August 1st, 2013 a new agreement has been put in place that will bring deeper discounts including insurance for ACU. All new rates have been loaded on the booking link under our account. Please make sure to either go to myACU Quicklinks and click on the Enterprise-Business Only link or call the local branch at 673-0108 when booking a rental for Enterprise as well as National Rent Car. Important tips: make sure you always use the authorized ACU Account number when booking your rental to receive your discounted rate; be sure to enroll in the Emerald Club Program to receive additional benefits.
Enterprise Discount Link for Personal Rentals ONLY: Due to liability and insurance reasons, the terms our contract restrict our ACU Enterprise account to university business only. However, Enterprise Rent Car has set up a new link for all faculty and staff personal rent car needs. When you need to rent a car for personal use, Enterprise will provide a 5% discount off all published rates. The ACU Faculty/Staff link for Enterprise and National Rent Car Personal Use Only has been set up and is located on Quicklinks within myACU. To access the Enterprise/National Rent Car link please login to myACU and find the Quicklinks along the left-hand side of the page.
National Car Rental’s Emerald Club Program
National Car Rental offers the Emerald Club® Program, which is designed to make your car rental experience faster and more convenient. To enroll in the Emerald Club® please contact University Purchasing for more information.
If you are a current Emerald Club member, you do not need to re-enroll. Please email Brandie Varner with Enterprise/National at email@example.com your Emerald Club number and she will update your profile to include the ACU program.
If you currently have upgraded membership status with Hertz or Avis, National has agreed to status match you in the appropriate level of Emerald Club®.
Benefits of the Emerald Club – www.emeraldaisle.com
You can enjoy special privileges reserved for frequent renters every time you rent including:
- Bypass the counter – Bypass the counter and go directly to National Car Rental’s Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve Services at most major U.S. airports. Expedited rentals with pre-printed rental agreements at National Car Rental’s dedicated, members-only counters at over 400 other locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Choose your own car - Don't waste time looking for your assigned car; choose the car you drive. Select any vehicle on the Emerald or Executive Aisle and only pay the mid-size rate, no matter what you select.
- Speed up returns with an E-Receipt - There's no need to wait around for a piece of paper when you return your car. Sign up to receive this benefit and receipts will be automatically emailed to you within 24 hours of each returned rental.
- Automatic membership upgrades opportunities with enhanced benefits based on rental frequency.
- Earn Free Rental Day credits
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is an internationally recognized brand that offers:
- A vast network of over 6,000 airport and neighborhood locations in the U.S. and Canada to service ACU travelers’ needs.
- Free pick-up service allowing travelers to receive their vehicle at their hotel, office, etc. with advance notice.
- Expedited rentals to members of National Car Rental’s Emerald Club®.
- Earn Free Rental Day credits when you book using your Emerald Club® number.
- An economical alternative when renting locally, saving money over mileage when compared to using your personal vehicle.
If you have any questions regarding the ACU car rental program for National Car Rental or Enterprise Rent-A-Car, please contact University Purchasing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by call 674-2246.