All supervisors have the following responsibilities regarding the cardholder(s) they approve:
- Ensure each transaction is a legitimate ACU business expense. If the expense is related to a federal, state, or private grant project, the supervisor must ensure that the expense is allowable under the grant. The supervisor signature on the expense report shows approval of all transactions that have been made by the cardholder and that the expense is allowable for the grant project (if applicable).
- Ensure the cardholder(s) is abiding by the p-card policy as well as all other ACU policies.
- Ensure fraud does not occur by a cardholder, including a cardholder being reimbursed through other means such as a travel and entertainment expense report or request for payment for items purchased on the p-card.
- In SDOL (JP Morgan’s Smart Data On-Line website), ensure the cardholder(s) is allocating their p-card transactions to appropriate FOAPs, providing business purposes, and checking Cardholder Reviewed for each transaction.
- Ensure the cardholder(s) is providing complete expense reports on a timely basis.