Questions and Answers

Q:    Can I increase my total monthly limit over $5,000?

A:    Yes, contact a PCard Administrator for the process to follow.


Q:    Can we have a departmental PCard?

A:    No, all cards are issued to individuals only.


Q:    When are reallocations and expense reports due?

A:    All allocations are due on the 7th of the month and expense reports with receipts attached are due by the second Friday of each month in Accounts Payable.


Q:    What do I do if my PCard is lost or stolen?

A:    1.  Contact JPMorgan Chase Customer Service as soon as possible.
       2.  Contact a PCard Administrator as soon as possible.
       3.  Look over all your transactions; report any and all discrepancies.
       4.  Be ready, know when and where your last few transactions were made.


Q:    What do I do if I forgot my password or have been locked out of SDOL?

A:    In the event that you forget your password or are locked out of SDOL, contact a PCard Administrator they can immediately reset your password if necessary.  Once logged in you can click on the user tab and maintain the answer to your reset question.


Q:    Why is my PCard denied?

A:    There are occasions when a cardholder may attempt to purchase items and the          transaction on the PCard might be denied.  In most cases, the information regarding the reason for denial will be available at the time the purchase is attempted.  Some of the most common reasons for denial are:
       1.  The purchase amount is greater than the available limit.
       2.  The card reader at the merchant is not working properly.
       3.  The billing address and cardholder information is not matching the bank information on file.
       4.  Cardholder did not activate the PCard.
       5.  Merchant is classified under a merchant category code (MCC) that is blocked from use.
       6.  Phone orders, merchant has incorrectly noted the card number and/or expiration date.
       7.  The transmission between the vendor and the bank is down.


Q:    Can I split a transaction?

A:    Yes and No.

  • Yes, if splitting a transaction occurs during reallocation process.  To find out the process of splitting a transaction please refer to the Purchasing Card Guidelines for instructions.
  • No, if splitting a transaction during a purchase.  Please DO NOT ask a merchant to split a transaction at the time of purchase.  The University Asset Management Policy requires all capital assets to be tracked and depreciated on an individual basis.  A capital asset purchase is a single item purchase with a purchase value of $5,000 or greater.  An audit is performed in order to track these types of purchases to put on the asset management program.  We ask that you DO NOT split any transactions during your purchase.  If you have any questions regarding this issue please contact University Purchasing or Financial Operations.
  • If you find that you are making large purchases that will exceed your monthly limit, please contact University Purchasing or Accounts Payable for proper procedures on increasing your limit.


Q:    Can I purchase gift cards on the purchasing card for someone that is NOT an employee of ACU?

A:    No.  Due to the difficulty in tracking these purchases and taxability issues according to
       the IRS, ACU asks that gift cards NOT be purchased for anyone.  If you have questions
       please contact Accounts Payable.


Q:    Can I pay for "services" with the purchasing card? (ex: Dr.'s visits, Attorneys, labor, 
        honorariums, etc...)

A:    No.  The ACU Banner system is not set up to capture this information at this time.  If you have questions please contact a purchasing card administrator.