Student Immunization Form
ACU Immunization Policy
Effective October 1, 2013
All new, transfer, readmitted, graduate and special students and students enrolling following a break of at least one long semester are required to provide documentation of immunization to the Admissions and Graduate Admissions Offices for meningococcal meningitis, measles, and tetanus.
- The student must have received at least two vaccinations for measles.
- The tetanus vaccination must have been given within the last ten (10) years.
- The initial meningococcal vaccine or booster must have been administered during the five-year period preceding and least ten (10) days prior to the first day of the first semester in which the student initially enrolls at an institution. Students who are enrolled only in online classes or are at least 22 years old are exempt from the meningitis vaccine requirements.
Claim a medical exemption or exemption based on conscience
The influenza vaccine is available to current students, student dependents, faculty/staff, and faculty/staff dependents who choose to be vaccinated. It is recommended for all ACU students, especially those with asthma or other chronic medical conditions. The vaccine is typically available for $17 beginning in October while supplies last.
- Offered to students Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Students furnish their own allergy serum with schedule and instructions from their allergist.
- Students are required to remain in the waiting room for 15-20 minutes after their injection.
- Failure to do so may result in the Medical Clinic refusing to give further injections.
- There is an $25.00 charge for the first allergy injection appointment. Each subsequent injection is $8.00.