Closing Your Mailbox
You may permanently close your mailbox:
- By completing a Mailbox Status Form in person at our window during regular business hours.
- By printing out a Mailbox Status Form (PDF file, 36 KB), completing it and mailing, faxing or scanning and emailing it to us. We must have the student's signature on the form.
You may use either of the above methods to change a forwarding address you previously gave us. If you permanently close your mailbox, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to re-assign you to the same mailbox, if you change your mind.
How We Forward Your Mail
When you close your mailbox permanently and we receive a forwarding address from you, we will forward your U.S. Mail for 12 months according to Postal Service forwarding regulations. For months 13 to 18 we will return the mail to the sender with your new address. Magazines and newspapers (Periodicals class) can only be forwarded for 60 days. Afterwards the publisher will be notified of your new address.
Shipments via the small package carriers (e.g. FedEx, UPS) will be returned to the carrier with your new address for 18 months. Campus mail will be returned to the sender with your new address for 18 months.
After 18 months all mail and shipments will be returned to the sender marked "Attempted – Not Known."
See the Rent Refunds section on the Mailbox Rent page.
When We Will Close Your Mailbox
We will close your mailbox permanently if:
- You are not enrolled in classes at the beginning of fall or spring semester and we do not receive a written response from you to our notice that you are not enrolled.
- You withdraw from ACU and do not contact us at that time to make arrangements for your mailbox.
- We do not receive a Summer Mailbox Status Form from you at the end of the spring semester.
If we close your mailbox for one of these reasons and we do not receive a written notice from you with a forwarding address, your mail will be returned to the sender.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU