Mail Requiring a Payment at Delivery
Business Reply Mail
Business Reply Mail (BRM) is received Monday through Friday. All postage and fees charged to us are recharged to the finance or commercial account number that the department has given us. Each mail piece design can only be charged to one finance or commercial account number. It is our goal to deliver business reply mail on the same day's delivery routes or have it boxed by 5:00 p.m.
For more information on:
- The recharge rates for incoming Business Reply Mail
- How to qualify for the lower Qualified BRM rates
- How to prepare Business Reply Mail
- How to order generic ACU Business Reply Mail envelopes from us
please see our Business Reply Mail page.
Postage Due Mail
Postage due mail is received Monday through Friday and consists of short paid incoming mail or address correction fees. Only the postage and fees charged to us by the Postal Service are recharged to the department's regular postage finance or commercial account number. It is our goal to deliver postage due mail on the same day's delivery routes or have it boxed by 5:00 p.m.
The amount of postage due for the address correction fees depends on the class and endorsement of the mail piece and ranges from $0.44 up to 2.472 times the full single piece rate for the mail class the mail piece was originally mailed at. The postage due for separate address corrections furnished by a post card is $0.50.
C.O.D. or Customs Due
When you must make a payment to claim your mail, we will send you a gray Call at Window notice. You must have this call notice to pick up the mail or leave us your money.
Mail requiring a payment is handled in the following manners:
- C.O.D. or customs due U.S. Mail – The Postal Services will not send us your mail, you must present the yellow Delivery/Reminder/Notice (attached to the gray call notice) and payment at the downtown post office to claim your mail. The downtown post office is located at 341 North Pine Street and the window hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- C.O.D. FedEx or UPS shipments – When FedEx or UPS attempt to deliver a C.O.D. shipment, they will leave us the notice that will be attached to your gray call notice. You will need to present both notices and the payment to the window. We will pay the carrier the next business day and send you a yellow Call at Window notice to come claim your mail.
If you have lost your call notice, you may claim your mail at our window during regular business hours. For your protection, you must present photo identification and we will only give you mail addressed to you.
If the mail is not picked up within a week, we will send you a second call notice. Thereafter, a reminder call notice will be sent to you once a week until you pick up the mail or your mailbox is closed.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU