University's Contracting Procedures
ACU has guidelines for approval of university contracts:
Summary of Contracting Procedures
Once you have complied with any departmental contract requirements and ensured that any funding commitments are valid follow these steps:
3. If the contract requires the other party to provide insurance, a certificate of insurance must be submitted along with the contract and cover sheet. For detailed information regarding insurance see Insurance Procedures and Requirements. Visit the Tulip website to learn about purchase options for small group or individual insurance coverage for on-campus events.
4. Secure approval of responsible chair, dean, director, or vice president. (If you are a chair, dean, director, or vice president, no additional approval is required.)
5. Submit contract to Legal Services
- Paper Submission: provide completed cover sheet signed by responsible administrator and one copy of the contract (if a handwritten signature is required, as opposed to an electronic signature, please provide two copies of the contract).
- E-Submission: Responsible Administrator forwards completed cover sheet and contract via e-mail to email@example.com.
6. Legal Services reviews contracts for legal content and not for business terms and conditions. This legal review is required by the University Bylaws. Unless there are concerns or questions that need to be addressed, Legal Services will have the contract signed electronically by an authorized officer of the university using Docusign. After a signature is attained, a copy will be sent back to the originator’s email address through Docusign.
7. Unless otherwise provided by university policy, you and/or generating department of a given contract is responsible for properly carrying out and/or monitoring the university's duties and obligations under the terms of the contract and maintaining the signed contracts.