Pay and Benefits
All employees are scheduled for a benefits orientation when they complete their paperwork with Human Resources. However, here is some basic information to help you better understand your benefits.
When am I going to get paid?
- Exempt pay periods run from the 20th to the 19th.
- Exempt employees are paid monthly on the first of every month, except in December. The January 1st paycheck will always be paid on December 31st.
- Exempt staff must report their exception time (time not worked due to vacation, holiday, sick, etc.) via Banner Web Time Entry Leave Report.
- Faculty must report any absences of more than five consecutive days for record keeping required by the Provost Office and Human Resources.
- Exempt staff are paid on the first of the month. If a payday is Saturday, Sunday, or a banking holiday, you will be paid on the previous business day.
- Nonexempt employees run from the 30th - 15th and 16th - 29th.
- Nonexempt employees are paid on the 15th and 29th of every month (semi monthly.)
- If a payday is Saturday, Sunday, or a banking holiday, you will be paid on the previous business day.
What are my benefits?
ACU offers health insurance, prescription insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, and non-reimbursed medical flex and dependent care flex. Vacation, sick and holiday leave are also included in your benefits. You can view details on all benefits available to you at http://www.acu.edu/campusoffices/hr/benefits/index.html
What happens if I get injured at work?
If you are injured at work, you or your supervisor must complete an accidental report within 24 hours of the injury. If the injury is not reported in a timely manner, it could cause complications with the worker's compensation insurance.