To provide a competitive paid time-off holiday benefit.
This benefit applies to full-time, reduced full-time and half-time staff employees.
- Full-time, reduced full-time and half-time staff employees are eligible for holiday pay.
- The following days are recognized as university-paid holidays. University offices are closed on these days unless otherwise noted:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- Friday of Spring Break*
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Fall Break**
- Thanksgiving (Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving Day through the Friday following Thanksgiving Day)
- Christmas Closure
*Offices will remain open Monday through Thursday of Spring Break unless otherwise directed by the division vice president.
**Classes are in session on Labor Day, therefore offices will be closed on Fall Break in lieu of Labor Day.
- Unless otherwise noted, university-paid holidays which fall on a Saturday will be observed on the preceding Friday; paid holidays which fall on a Sunday will be observed on the following Monday.
- If a university-paid holiday falls during an employee's scheduled vacation, the holiday will not be counted as vacation taken.
- An employee who separated employment from the university on the last scheduled workday preceding a holiday will not receive holiday pay. An employee who begins employment the day after a holiday will not receive holiday pay.
- A paid holiday not worked will not be credited as a regular work day for computation of weekly overtime. An exempt employee required to work on a holiday will be given another day off at a time mutually convenient to the employee and the university.
- University holidays will be posted on the Human Resources webpage at www.acu.edu/hr.
- Holiday hours accrue on a fiscal year basis and must be taken before the last working day of the fiscal year.
- For reduced full-time and half-time employees, if a holiday falls on a regularly scheduled work day, he/she will receive holiday pay for the number of hours normally worked on that day. If a holiday falls on a day on which he/she is not schedule to work, no holiday pay will be granted.