To provide a competitive paid time-off holiday benefit.
This benefit applies to full-time and half-time staff employees.
Full-time and half-time staff employees are eligible for holiday pay.
- Full-time and half-time staff employees are eligible for holiday pay.
- The following days are recognized as university-paid holidays. University offices are closed on these days unless otherwise noted:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- One day during Spring Break*
- Memorial Day**
- Independence Day
- Labor Day***
- Thanksgiving (Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving Day through the Friday following Thanksgiving Day)
- Christmas Closure
*Offices will remain open throughout Spring Break unless otherwise directed by the division vice president.
**The Memorial Day holiday will be taken on Memorial Day during years when classes are not in session. If classes are in session on Memorial Day, university offices will be open. At the supervisor's discretion, an employee may use Memorial Day as his/her holiday; however, offices must be sufficiently staffed since classes are in session. If an employee does not use this day as a holiday, it may be taken at any time during the month of May, with supervisor approval.
***Offices will be open on labor Day because classes are in session. At the supervisor's discretion, an employee may use Labor Day as his/her holiday; however, offices must be sufficiently staffed since classes are in session. If an employee does not use this day as a holiday, it may be taken any time prior to the end of the fiscal year, may 31.
Managers are requested to refrain from scheduling meetings whenever possible, including regularly standing meetings on Memorial Day and Labor Day, to accommodate employees who will take those days as holidays.
- Unless otherwise noted, university-paid holidays which fall on a Saturday will be observed on the preceding Friday; paid holidays which fall on a Sunday will be observed on the following Monday.
- If a university-paid holiday falls during an employee's scheduled vacation, the holiday will not be counted as vacation taken.
- An employee who separated employment from the university on the last scheduled workday preceding a holiday will not receive holiday pay. An employee who begins employment the day after a holiday will not receive holiday pay.
- A paid holiday not worked will not be credited as a regular work day for computation of weekly overtime. An exempt employee required to work on a holiday will be given another day off at a time mutually convenient to the employee and the university.
- University holidays will be posted on the Human Resources webpage at www.acu.edu/hr.
- Holiday hours accrue on a fiscal year basis and must be taken before the last working day of the fiscal year.
- For half-time employees, if a holiday falls on a regularly scheduled work day, he/she will receive holiday pay for the number of hours normally worked on that day. If a holiday falls on a day on which he/she is not schedule to work, no holiday pay will be granted.