Small Group Chapel Guidelines
Small Group Chapels are offered to encourage spiritual formation among organizations, department and other groups as they take advantage of small group gatherings for worship, prayer, praise, and Bible study.
NOTE: Groups in need of a time for planning, preparation or class work should find an alternative meeting time, or each member must be willing to not receive Chapel attendance credits.
Guidelines for Small Group Chapels
- Small Group Chapel (SGC) consists of a group of no less than 10 members (any number smaller must be approved by the Chapel Office). If the SGC falls below 10 for two consecutive meetings, the advisor will be notified of loss of SGC status.
- Each SGC must have an ACU faculty/staff advisor who will attend and oversee every assembly of the SGC.
- Each SGC is responsible for reserving a location for their meeting. Room reservations must be made through the appropriate office of the building where the group will meet.
- Each SGC must complete an online application at least one week before the first assembly of the small group. Neglecting to do so may result in the inability to earn attendance credits for this time.
- SGCs may assemble weekly or bi-monthly on Tuesdays or Thursdays, but no more than once per week.
- During each SGC, the advisor will record the name and Banner ID of each student in attendance. The advisor will sign the attendance sheet just below the last student’s name. The advisor must deliver the signed attendance sheet to the Chapel Office located in the Center for Christian Service & Leadership (lower level of the Campus Center), or scan and email a copy of the attendance list to the Chapel Office at email@example.com by 5 p.m. on the day of the SGC.
- Attendance is not recorded until the signed attendance sheets are received in the Chapel Office. Students will be sent to the advisor regarding missing attendance sheets.
Want to start a Small Group Chapel? Apply Online