Small Group Chapel Guidelines
Small Group Chapels are offered to encourage spiritual formation among organizations, departments and other groups as they take advantage of small group gatherings for worship, prayer, praise, and Bible study.
Groups in need of a time for planning, preparation or class work should find an alternative meeting time, or each member must be willing to not receive Chapel attendance credits.
Guidelines for Small Group Chapels
- Each Small Group is responsible for reserving a location for their SGC. Room reservations must be made through the appropriate office of the building where the group will meet.
- Each Small Group must complete an online application at least one week before the first assembly of the small group. Neglecting to do so may result in the inability to earn attendance credits for this time.
- Each SGC must have a faculty or staff advisor who will attend and oversee every assembly of the SGC.
- SGCs may assemble weekly, monthly or at other intervals, but no more than once per week.
- SGCs must meet on either Tuesday's or Thursday's beginning the 3rd week of the fall semester and the 2nd week of the spring semester.
- During each SGC, the advisor will record the name and Banner ID number of each student in attendance. The advisor will sign the attendance sheet just below the last student's name. The advisor must deliver the signed attendance sheet to the Chapel Office located in the Center for Christian Service & Leadership (Campus Center Lower Level) by 5 p.m. the day the SGC meets. The Advisor may choose to fax a copy of the attendance list to the Chapel Office (325-674-6867) by 5 p.m. the day of the SGC meets. This fax should be sent from the advisor's departmental fax machine.
- Attendance is not recorded until the signed attendance sheets are received in the Chapel Office. Students will be sent to their advisor for missing sheets.
Want to start a Small Group Chapel? Apply Online