Congratulations on your Presidential Scholar award!
We are excited to welcome you into the ACU Presidential Scholar "family". We have high expectations about the way you will influence the student body at ACU, as well as how you will take what you learn and influence the world.
ACU's Presidential Scholar expectations are designed to inspire and prepare you for this kind of influence. We want to involve you in intentional communities built around leadership and service as soon as you begin in your first year, and provide you with numerous ways in which to grow and develop throughout your university experience as you enjoy the benefits of your Presidential Scholar award and give back to the university from a thankful heart.
The requirements for students who receive Presidential Scholar awards reflect our intentionality, as well as our desire to build on the leadership, service and experience that you bring with you.
- 3.5 GPA
- Scholarship may apply to a maximum of 144 undergraduate hours or the completion of an undergraduate degree
- Satisfactorily attend Chapel
- Follow ACU rules and regulations
- Students who received their award in 2013 or earlier are required to complete 15 hours of community service each semester. This can be done through one of the following ways:
- The student may serve with community organizations and turn in record of those hours to the Center for Christian Service and Leadership (downstairs in the Campus Center).
- The student may participate in an intentional community, Emerging Leaders Experience or Isaiah 58 (more information can be found through the links at the bottom of the page).
- These hours must be completed and submitted no later than Monday, November 24th for the Fall 2014 semester and Monday, April 20th for the Spring 2015 semester.
- Students who received their award in 2014 or later are not required to complete service hours, but are invited to join either of the intentional communities, Emerging Leaders Experience or Isaiah 58, if they so choose.