Breakfast on Beech Street (B.O.B.S)
- Arrive at 5:00 or 5:30am (see start times below) to help prepare.
- Serving time is from 6:30 to 7:15 am - cleanup follows. You should be out the door no later than 7:30 am.
Note: Visit during the daylight so you know where to go in the dark early a.m.; Park at the rear of the building. Ring bell (under handle) on well lit back door.
- You may wear a baseball cap/bandana for head covering in place of a hair net. Please call ahead! First Christian Church has more information on this program.
Location: First Christian Church on 3rd St. and Beech St. (Downtown)
Contact: Depends on which day(s) you are interested in. Must schedule service time in advance.
- Monday: Jody Depriest - 325-669-3312 or email email@example.com
- Tuesday: Allen Daugherty - 325-660-6949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday: Jane Harvey - 325-695-0092 or email email@example.com
- Thursday: Margaret Beasley - 325-692-4149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday: Rachel Brown - email email@example.com
Christian Ministries Food Pantry
What: Assistance is needed with the interview process (computer skills), assisting with shoppers; bagging flour, sugar, etc., clean-up and stocking shelves. They are looking for a commitment of 1 to 3 hours per week.
Date: January 2013 - December 2013
Time: Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 9 am - 12 pm and Monday, Friday 1 pm - 3 pm.
Location: Christian Ministries Food Pantry 701 Walnut
Contact: Becky Almanza 325-673-5295 firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Updated: 1/13
Please Note: Due to the volume and breadth of opportunities we post, Ministry & Service cannot screen off-campus host sites, their work environment, or the content of the activities offered. Therefore, before volunteering off-campus, it is essential for each student to (1) evaluate whether his or her goals can be achieved through the experience; (2) assess his or her mental, physical, and academic readiness for the opportunity; (3) research the safety of the environment and activity; and (4) assume all risk involved with the opportunity.