Definition of Service – Learning
“Service-learning incorporates community work into the curriculum, giving students real-world learning experiences that enhance their academic learning while providing a tangible benefit for the community.” - Campus Contact
CCSL staff partner with faculty to enhance course work through service-learning opportunities and to:
- Develop service placement list of special projects appropriate to meet specific learning objectives.
- Serve as a liaison between local community service agencies and faculty/students.
- Record student service activity for individual Student Service Records and reports to faculty.
- Assist with developing learning objectives and assessment methods.
- Provide additional support and resources to faculty for student reflection.