On Campus Recruitment
What Is On Campus Recruitment (OCR) and Who Is Eligible?
ACU’s on campus recruiting process allows students to interact with employers from all over the country without having to leave campus. All students who meet the individual employer’s hiring criteria are eligible to participate.
Login to your ACU CareerLink account and complete the steps below to find
on campus interview opportunities.
Uploading Your Resume and/or Cover Letter
- Select Resume/Cover Letter from the Navigation Toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click on Add New.
- Insert a label (i.e. “John Doe”) for your resume.
- Click Browse to search for your resume from your hard drive or flash drive.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: Documents must be approved by Career Center staff prior to being used to apply for jobs in ACU CareerLink. Documents will be reviewed during normal University business hours. We ask that students give our office 24 hours to review the document.
Searching for OCR Jobs
- Locate Shortcuts and click on the Apply for an on campus interview link. Click on the individual job title to view the position description, interview date, timeline for submission and interview sign-up, and the required documents.
- Apply by selecting your resume from the drop down menu and clicking Submit during the resume submission period. These dates may be found under Schedule Details on the right hand side.
- Select the resume and any additional required documents you wish to send and click Submit.
NOTE: The ability to see and request on campus interviews depends on your qualifications and submission deadlines. If your degree, major, cumulative GPA or classification does not match the requirements for an on campus interview, you will not be able to apply for the position through the system. If you think you should be able to view a position that does not appear on the list, please review your profile and make any necessary corrections. If you still have questions or concerns, email the Employer Relations Manager with details.
Withdrawing or Changing a Resume After Submission to an Employer
To view your resume submissions, click On Campus Interview Status in the Navigation Toolbar. If the submission deadline has NOT passed, you may edit your resume. To do so, click the Withdraw Application button and reapply with a new version of your resume. If you edit the version that was submitted, the system will automatically update the document in ALL of your active applications.
Signing Up for Interview Times
If selected for an interview you will receive an email requesting that you select an interview time. Additionally, you will be notified on your CareerLink homepage under Alerts.
To sign up for an interview time while logged in to your account:
- Click on the Alert or On Campus Interview Status in the Navigation Toolbar.
- Click on the tab titled Interview Requests to view positions for which you have been selected to interview.
- Click Schedule Interview to sign up for an interview time.
- Select a time slot by clicking on the button to the left of your desired interview time.
- Click Submit.
In order to participate in OCR, you must complete a Release Form and return it to the Career Center prior to your first scheduled interview. Additionally, depending upon employer preferences, at least one Career Reference Form must be completed and returned directly to our office. Forms will be used for all future on campus interview and will remain in your Career Center file until you have graduated. Both documents are attached.
Cancellation Policy/No-Show Policy
Please remember that it is the policy of the Career Center that we receive 48 hours notice (at a minimum) if you are unable to interview at your selected time. Also, the notice must be provided during normal ACU business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Failure to comply with this policy could result in the deactivation of your ACU CareerLink account and cause you to be ineligible to interview on campus in the future.
Professional attire is required for all on-campus interviews.
College Central Network is the official
résumé and job posting service
of Abilene Christian University.
Access Resource Guide
Browse our Resume Guide, Networking Guide, Internship/Job Search Guide and more!