Thinking about your future?
Then you are probably asking all kinds of questions about who you are, what gifts you possess, your unique purpose in life, what major to choose and what career options are available to you. If you are asking yourself any of these questions, the first step to finding answers is through a program that ACU calls DISCOVERY.
DISCOVERY is available in two formats for the Fall 2016 semester:
Individual DISCOVERY Sessions
- The seminar meets once a week for five weeks. This includes group discussion, individual feedback meetings, as well as the MBTI and Strong Interest assessments.
- The benefit of this format is the collaborative nature of the seminar which allows students to observe the decision processes of others while working through their own. They can hear questions they might not have known to ask and gain knowledge through the search process of others.
- There is no longer any cost for the Discovery Program!!
- If you want to sign up for Discover and cannot make any of the scheduled Seminar dates, please contact Kent Akers by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCOVERY will help you:
- Learn –How to choose a major and help you if you are having doubts about a major your have chosen.
- Confirm – Know that the major you chose aligns with how God uniquely created you.
- Research – Provide specific insight into what career options are available to you within your chosen major.
During each session you will explore topics that will help you discover ways to impact the world in an exceptional, innovative and real way. We will utilize:
- Scripture and talk about the idea of The Call and Your Mission.
- Personalized assessments that help you explore your unique interests.
- Innovative information that allows you to make a clear decision leading to a "good-fit" career path.
- Valuable online tools to research your chosen major and career options.
In addition, we will provide a face-to-face individual appointment to help you understand your assessments and how they assist you in determining what majors and jobs to research.
Fall 2016 Seminar Dates
September 8 - October 6, Thursdays at 4p.m.
September 20 - October 18, Tuesdays at 3p.m.
October 23 - November 29, Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m. (No meeting Thanksgiving week)
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” - Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)