Hispanic Leadership Council
|Description||Competitive scholarship that provides an award for Hispanic students who demonstrate the desire and ability to excel academically and promote Hispanic culture.|
The applicant must be Hispanic and/or of Hispanic descent and a U.S.
citizen or a legal resident.
- The applicant must be admitted to an accredited college, university or
trade school at the time of the application.
- The applicant must reside in a county serviced by the Region 14
- Other scholarships, grants or loans received do not exclude students
- Applicants are encouraged to volunteer for different HLC events.
- The amount of the scholarship may not exceed total expenses, which include tuition, lab or other fees, and book expenses incurred each semester. Four $1,000 incoming freshman scholarships, one $1,000 current traditional college student scholarship, and several university scholarships will be awarded.
Any recipient who withdraws from school automatically forfeits all
- The application packages are received by the HLC Scholarship
Committee. (Deadline: March 30)
- The HLC Scholarship Committee will grade the application packages and
select a group of finalists.
- Finalists will be interviewed by HLC members.
- The HLC Scholarship Committee will select recipients based on
application packages and interviews.
- The awards will be announced at an upcoming event (event information
is still to be determined).
- Recipients are encouraged to express their appreciation in writing to
- March 30: Postmark Application Deadline
- April 19-20: Finalist Interviews
- May 31: Applicants receive scholarship notifications by this date
- August / September : Scholarship disbursement after verification of student enrollment
Apply to ACU
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!