English as a Second Language
Abilene Christian University offers an excellent education in a safe environment for its 4,600 students who come from more than 60 nations. International students feel welcome at ACU and excel academically because they receive personal attention from highly skilled professors and have access to the newest technology.
The ACU Institute of Intensive English provides up to 20 hours of ESL instruction per week. Our goal is to get you ready for regular ACU courses, not just pass the TOEFL.
We offer a highly experienced faculty and small classes. We'll help you with college preparatory reading and vocabulary, composition, grammar, speaking skills, and research writing, and we provide additional activities through our international student programs. Your classes are in the same building with many American students' classes, so you'll be able to meet native speakers easily.
Most important, we are genuinely concerned with your progress. We understand your goals, and we want to help you reach a high level of English proficiency as quickly as possible.
We can help you learn English!
ESL course offerings include the following groupings:
New students may begin in:
- Late August (Fall Semester - 16 weeks)
- Mid January (Spring Semester - 16 weeks)
- Mid May (Summer Semester - 13 weeks)
- Learn English in a safe environment
- Take classes in same building with Americans
- Receive individual attention
- Students who successfully complete all levels of the English as a Second Language (ESL) program may be automatically admitted to an undergraduate program.
Our low-cost tuition package includes:
- Highly qualified faculty
- Multiple levels
- Small classes
- 20 hours of ESL instruction per week
- Access to all university facilities
- Free tutoring
- Activities, field trips, banquet