International Graduate Application Information
We're excited that you would like to attend ACU, and would like to give you more information about the application process. In general, as an international student seeking admission to ACU's graduate program you should apply with the Office of Graduate Admissions six months before the date you wish to begin classes. All official test scores and transcripts must be received at least 60 days before the beginning of the term you plan to attend. The following items must be received before an admission decision can be reached:
The minimum Graduate School admission requirements are:
1. Complete an application and application fee;
2. Complete a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or comparable non-U.S. university (see specific department for any additions or exceptions);
3. A cumulative undergraduate approximate B average or above in the area of focus or related area and evidence of an overall productive GPA;
4. Departmental requirements as stated for each department.
Additional requirements for international students:
5. TOEFL and IELTS
The Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL) and the International English Language System (IELTS) are tests used to determine a student's English language proficiency. We require the following minimum scores on these exams to accept a student into ACU's graduate programs:
- Paper-based test (PBT): 580
- Computer-based test (CBT): 230
- TOEFL-iBT (Internet based): 90
- IETLS: 6.5
Visit the TOEFL home page to receive information about taking the test (ACU's TOEFL code is 6001) .
Visit the IELTS website to learn more about test dates and locations.
6. Financial Information
Every international student seeking an international student visa from the U.S. government must submit to the university a bank statement that is no more than six months old at the time you would start attending ACU. It should show sufficient funds to cover the estimated cost of studying at ACU for one academic year (nine months) and a letter from the owner of the bank account stating that the funds will be used to support the applicant. If you would like to use the Affidavit of Support form, click here. Learn more about the estimated expenses for the undergraduate program.
7. Passport Copy
After you submit qualified financial information, we will send you an admissions package that includes a certificate of admission and an immigration document called an I-20. You will need these documents to make an appointment with the U.S. consulate or embassy in your country to apply for a student visa to study at ACU. To ensure all information in your I-20 is correct, we require a copy of your passport before sending your documents.
Beyond these standards, each department has its own academic requirements. Be sure you have checked the specific admissions requirements for your program of choice.
Click on your program of interest for the program-specific admissions requirements.
- Accounting - M.Acc.
- Communication - M.A.
- Communication Science and Disorders - M.S.
- Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation - M.A. (online)
- Education - M.Ed. in Teaching and Learning
- Education - Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership
- English - M.A.
- Higher Education - M.Ed. (online)
- Liberal Arts - M.L.A.
- Marriage & Family Therapy - M.M.F.T
- Marriage & Family Therapy - M.M.F.T (online)
- Occupational Therapy - M.S.
- Organizational Development - M.S. (online)
- Psychology - M.S.
- Psychology - M.S. in Clinical Psychology
- Psychology - M.S. in Counseling Psychology
- Psychology - Specialist in School Psychology
- Social Work - M.S.
- Biblical Studies
- Conflict Resolution (online)
- Dietetic Internship
- Enrollment Management (online)
- Medical Family Therapy (online)
- Social Services Administration
- Superintendency (online)
Graduate School of Theology
- Master of Divinity - M.Div.
- Christian Ministry - M.A.
- Global Service - M.A. (online)
- Theology track - M.A.
- New Testament track - M.A.
- Old Testament track - M.A.
- Ancient and Oriental Christianity track - M.A.
- Modern and American Christianity track - M.A.
- Doctor of Ministry