Randy Scott - Advisor
ACU Box 29207
325-677-1444, ext. 7413
- Abilene Christian University with a Bachelor of Applied Studies in Education - 1997
- Wilmer Hutchins High School - 1974
- Educational Talent Search Advisor 2005 – Present
- City of Abilene Recreation Coordinator 1995-2005
- Lockheed Aero Space and Defense Stock Controller 1981-1996
My work experience includes serving as Recreation Coordinator for the City of Abilene at G. V. Daniels Recreation Center for 8 years. I am currently serving as Co-Chair for the Bachelor of Applied Studies at ACU. I am president of the Hawley ISD School Board, a member of the City of Hawley Water Board, and on the Advisory Board for United Way's What's Happening in the Big Country. I have been a motivational speaker in the state of Texas, and a mentor to those young and old.
As an ETS advisor with the Educational Talent Search program, I enjoy working with AISD students and the community of the Big Country. For me, success is a daily issue. I enjoy learning and directing myself and others toward the goals of higher education and servanthood. As an Elder in the Church of Christ, I know that we must be about our Father's business.
- ACU-Trio Program-Alpha Academic Services Achiever Award -- February 29, 2000
- Curtis Starks Humanitarian Award, Black History Month -- February 17, 2004
- ELI = Texas Association of Student Special Services Programs Emerging Leaders Institute -- Graduate Class of 2007
- Hawley Church of Christ -- Elder, Teacher, Friend
- Hawley ISD – School Board 2001-Present
- Hawley Water Board - 1992-2010
- Parents Anonymous Advisory Board 6 years
- Born: November 17 in Plano, Texas
- Married: Ruth Scott on July 18, 1975
- Children: Randy, Joseph
Find Us on Facebook
Ask questions, find answers, and connect with other future college students on Facebook.
Like ACU Educational Talent Search on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Get important tips about college preparation and financial aid.
Follow @acutalentsearch on Twitter
Apply for Talent Search
Apply for enrollment in ACU's Educational Talent Search program by completing an application and an interview.