Do I qualify for Student Disability Services?
Any student with a disability (physical or psychological) who has a documented need for classroom accommodations is eligible to receive services through DSS. Each student must provide documentation that indicates clearly what accommodations are appropriate in his or her individual circumstance.
The types of accommodations facilitated by the Alpha Scholars Program office may include but are not limited to the following:
- Extended time on examinations (not unlimited time)
- A distraction-reduced environment for taking tests
- Note takers
- Use of tape recorder in class
- Preferential seating in the classroom
- Textbooks on tape or in Braille
- Readers or scribes (technology-based whenever possible)
- Sign language interpreter in class
- Large print material
- Use of assistive technology devices
- Classroom handouts in alternate form
- Ability to move about during class in a manner that does not disturb other class members
It is the student's responsibility to request specific accommodations and to follow the policies and procedures for acquiring those accommodations as specified in the student handbook.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU