Discussion Board for Students
Posting Your Files and Threaded Discussions
Threads and Messages
In Blackboard, a general main topic is called a Forum. Only an instructor can create a new Forum. A Thread is a subtopic of or response to the Forum, or can be used like a Forum by students. You can reply to an existing thread that someone else has created, or you can add a new Thread.Replying to a Discussion Post
- Once you're in the discussion board area, click ona the link to the thread that you would like to reply to. Then, click the button.
- Fill out the message text and if you want to attach a file, use the process described above.
- When you're ready to submit your message, click .
- Once you're in the discussion board area, click to add a new discussion message.
- When you are adding this message, you can click on by the Attachment area to scan your computer, network file space, or floppy disk for your desired file.
- Once you've located the correct file, click . This will then attach the file.
- Continue filling out the subject heading and message text for your discussion post, and click when finished.