Application Information and Printable Forms
Criteria for Acceptance:
Acceptance into the Study Arboad program is based on the following criteria:
- 2.5 GPA or higher cumulative GPA at date of application through date of departure
- Interview with Study Abroad staff member
- Acceptable reference forms
- Student is not currently on behavioral or academic probation
- Attend all orientation sessions
- Complete all paperwork
- Complete all paperwork in application packet (forms also available below) and submit it with the $250 non-refundable application fee to the Study Abroad Office.
- Complete two faculty reference forms and a campus life reference form that are to be turned in to Study Abroad office. Reference forms for all upcoming Summer, Fall, and Spring programs must be turned in between November 1 and Friday of finals week in December in order for the application to be considered in the first round of acceptance decisions. Applications whose final reference form comes in after that date will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
- Attend necessary meetings including the orientation seminars prior to departure.
- Register with advisor or on web for study abroad classes.
- Complete interview with a Study Abroad staff member or designee.
Study Abroad Programs requires certain forms to be completed before a student will be considered for participation in an ACU study abroad program (all forms may be downloaded here by clicking on the link below):
- Study Abroad Checklist
- Faculty Reference Forms (Two Required)
- Student Life Reference Form
- Behavior Contract
- Emergency Notification Form
- Release and Indemnification Agreement
- Withdrawal Policy
Study Abroad requires the following forms to be completed before a student is allowed to participate in the program: (All forms may be downloaded here by clicking on the link)
- You must turn in your $250 application fee for your application to be processed
- If you have financial aid you need to get your paperwork in early to meet certain deadlines.
- Take care of your registration holds if you have any before you register.
- You must notify the study abroad office in writing if you withdraw from the program or from the school. See the withdrawal contract for guidelines on refunds.
Forms may be dropped off in the Study Abroad office:
Hardin Administration Building 124
Or mailed to the following address:
Abilene Christian University
Study Abroad Programs
ACU Box 28226
Abilene, Texas 79699-8226
Or faxed to: 325-674-2966
Attention: Study Abroad Programs
Throughout the World
Study in Leipzig
Want to hike the Alps, visit Bach's hometown, and see where Martin Luther hung the 95 Theses?
Study in Montevideo
Want to stroll the beaches of Uruguay, visit Machu Picchu, and attend a real fútbol game?
Study in Oxford
Ready to see where Lewis and Tolkien hung out, visit the Tower of London, and drink a proper British tea?
Get a Passport
About 25% of a graduating class will have had the adventure of a lifetime through an ACU study abroad program.
ACU in Oxford resident director Dr. Ron Morgan documents a faith-based study abroad experience in his new book. Learn more >>